Adding Realistic Loads in Adams with Bulk Material Simulation
This webinar was presented live on Thursday, 1st November, 2018
Adams from MSC Software is a key multi-body dynamics tool used in the design of heavy equipment such as excavators, grab buckets, tractors and ploughs. The operational performance of such equipment – from stresses on load arms, to the hydraulic forces, to the traction of the tyres and delivery of power – is dependent on the bulk materials being handled. Getting an accurate representation of the material loads during design process is critical to secure confidence in the structural durability and equipment designs.
Rocks, soils, sand and ores are complex and highly variable in their behavior and predicting the loads they produce on equipment is challenging using traditional techniques and load spreading assumption methods.
In this webinar we will introduce an alternative to those methods using EDEM bulk material simulation technology. We will provide an overview of ‘EDEM for Adams’ – a tool that enables to include realistic material loads directly in Adams system dynamics analysis.
Want to increase design accuracy and reduce assumptions & cost of physical prototyping? Register for the webinar.
- Challenges of Heavy Equipment Design
- Traditional approaches for calculating material loads
- Getting realistic loads with bulk material simulation
- Benefits of using EDEM technology with Adams
- Application examples: excavator, skid steer loader, dozer and dragline bucket
- Introducing ‘EDEM for Adams’: Overview & Workflow
- Live Q&A with our engineer
Duration: 30 minutes & time for questions
Presenter: Sophie Broad, Senior Engineer, EDEM