EDEM software is made of 3 core components: EDEM Creator, Simulator and Analyst.
EDEM Creator is the pre-processor for setting up an EDEM simulation model.
- Setup simulations in a fast, logical manner with EDEM’s intuitive and user friendly interface
- Import equipment geometry from a wide range of CAD files (IGES, STL, STEP and more)
- Assign equipment motion (linear, rotational, sinusoidal and more)
- Model real world particle shapes using the validated and highly versatile multi-sphere method
- Select contact physics models, define material properties or add a material model straight from our extensive libraries.
EDEM Simulator is a powerful solver for fast and efficient simulations.
- Cutting edge DEM solver, highly parallelized for use on multi-core shared memory workstations, GPU hardware and multi-GPU systems
- Solver engine is fully double precision across all platforms
- Simulate large and complex particle systems
- Live viewer window to easily review progress and assess design performance
- Start and stop simulations at any time or configure on-the-fly data output
EDEM Analyst is the post-processing environment where simulations are reviewed and analyzed.
- Advanced and powerful post-processing capability
- Extensive set of tools for visualization and analysis (coloring, graphing, bin groups)
- Create high resolution images and videos
- Data mining: option to export all simulation results data in .csv format as well as an EnSight file for advanced visualization