Webinar – Simulation-based Design & Performance Verification of Transfer Chutes
- Start Date
- End Date
Conveyor transfer systems account for a small percentage of the infrastructure cost of a plant or mine but poorly-performing transfer points are often responsible for significant operational challenges, resulting in unplanned down-time, reduced throughput, and lost productivity.
In this webinar we will discuss the challenges faced by designers and operators when designing transfer chutes. We will introduce EDEM BulkSim – specialized bulk material flow simulation software for transfer chute design & optimization – and explain how it can be used to evaluate and verify the design performance of transfer chutes and address key design challenges such as spillage, blockage and wear.
- Overview of typical transfer chute problems and how to address them
- Traditional methods to design chutes & limitations
- Simulation-based design: introducing EDEM BulkSim software
- Material testing and selection of material models for simulation
- Industrial case studies: power plant & coal transfer tower
- Live Q&A with our engineer
Duration: 50 minutes + time for questions
Presenter: Carles Bosch Padros, Engineer, EDEM