Every year EDEM welcomes a talented student to complete an industrial placement as part of MEng Mechanical Engineering programme at the University of Edinburgh. This year the EDEM engineering team was joined by Pedro Damas, who embarked on an 8-month journey with us. We were interested in Pedro’s experience and therefore invited him to share about the following aspects of the placement:
- How a placement enhanced his career prospects
- What engineering projects Pedro worked on and what he found the most rewarding
- What were the skills that the placement equipped Pedro with
- How Pedro found EDEM as an engineering tool
- How the team and the culture of the company were
- Whether Pedro would recommend other students to apply for EDEM
Interested in working for EDEM? Check our careers page.