Join the global leader in Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation software.
EDEM has a highly experienced team of engineers and developers who have been working at the forefront of the industrial application of Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation for over a decade.
We are always keen to receive applications from talented individuals interested in working in our Development, Engineering or Sales team, especially those who already have experience in the CAE arena. Email us to tell why you think you would be a valuable addition to our team!
- Software Engineers, Edinburgh, UK
We are looking for enthusiastic applicants interested in applying their skills as part of a team developing new products and engineering solutions for use by industry-leading companies and institutes worldwide. Utilizing cutting-edge high-performance computing technologies such as parallel computing, advanced physics engines, GPU acceleration and visualization you will be working on the next generation of EDEM simulation technology. Working in small project teams, you will assume full responsibility for the development and delivery of software components. The role involves working closely with the engineering team to ensure delivery of robust and functionally correct software to project deadlines.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of feature updates to the software suite.
- Prototyping new algorithms and evaluating new technologies as required.
- Investigating bug reports, implementing and testing all bug fixes and re-releasing the updated software for formal testing.
- Collaborating with peers and stakeholders in the full software development lifecycle.
- Participating with peers with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Perform peer code reviews as required.
- A minimum of 2/3 years’ experience developing commercial software in C++.
- Commercial development experience of Windows and Linux.
- Adaptive and open-minded to new skills and approaches.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exposure to CAE, CAD, FEA or CFD tools.
- Knowledge of DEM (Discrete Element Method) simulation.
- Exposure to physics engines.
- Parallel computing development experience (one or more of GPGPU, OpenMP or MPI).
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience.
Benefits: Pension scheme and other benefits.
Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to the following email address quoting reference DEMSWE18-3: email@example.com
- EDEM Engineer, Yokohama, Japan
The primary purpose of the role is to provide engineering support for the Japanese market. Key activities of the role:
- Built strong relationships with DEM Solutions partners
- Support Japanese Sales Manager and Engineering Manager to determine EDEM project requirements for Japanese commercial clients and prospects
- Support Japanese Sales Manager and Engineering Manager in developing project proposals for clients and prospects
- Execute and manage EDEM projects
- Provide technical support for the DEM Solutions Japan Sales Manager
- Provide frontline product support to Japanese-speaking EDEM clients
- Provide support for EDEM partners and distributors in China and Korea
General activities include:
- Serve as a member of the worldwide EDEM Engineering team which has the following general responsibilities:
- Customer Training – provide EDEM training for academic and commercial clients
- Consulting Services – provide paid project support to ensure the success of our clients
- Product Support – provide technical support on EDEM installation and quickly resolve any issues preventing our clients from deploying EDEM technology
- Development Support – provide engineering feedback to the EDEM Product Manager and Development team on current and future versions of our software products
- Technical Account Management / Customer Care – nurture and grow existing client’s investment in EDEM technology
- Sales Support – assist Sales team in scoping our client requirements and closing new business
- Business Development / Marketing – provide engineering support for business development and marketing projects undertaken by the company
- Application R&D – work on projects aimed at developing and enhancing the company’s product and service offerings to the market
- Undertake special projects and fulfills other duties as may reasonably be required by the company in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge, abilities and personal development opportunities
- Act in a professional manner at all times as is consistent with the aims and values of the company
- Willingness to work beyond normal business hours as appropriate to handle worldwide clients
- Willingness to travel, this role requires periodic travel between Edinburgh, UK and Tokyo, Japan as well as other travel as appropriate
Please note that this engineering position is for DEM Solutions Japan KK based in Yokohama: http://www.dem-solutions.jp/
Requirements of the job (Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience)
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese as well as good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Background in advanced engineering simulation techniques. Knowledge of fundamentals and computational methods in Discrete Element Modeling (DEM) is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team demonstrating a willingness to support others in achievement of overall objectives.
- Diligent, hardworking, and willingness to learn.
To apply please go to the job listing on LinkedIn.