Join the global leader in Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation software.
EDEM has a highly experienced team of engineers and developers who have been working at the forefront of the industrial application of Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation for over a decade.
We are always keen to receive applications from talented individuals interested in working in our Development, Engineering or Sales team, especially those who already have experience in the CAE arena. Email us to tell why you think you would be a valuable addition to our team!
- Software Engineers
We are looking for enthusiastic applicants interested in applying their skills as part of a team developing new products and engineering solutions for use by industry-leading companies and institutes worldwide. Utilizing cutting-edge high-performance computing technologies such as parallel computing, advanced physics engines, GPU acceleration and visualization you will be working on the next generation of EDEM simulation technology. Working in small project teams, you will assume full responsibility for the development and delivery of software components. The role involves working closely with the engineering team to ensure delivery of robust and functionally correct software to project deadlines.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of feature updates to the software suite.
- Prototyping new algorithms and evaluating new technologies as required.
- Investigating bug reports, implementing and testing all bug fixes and re-releasing the updated software for formal testing.
- Collaborating with peers and stakeholders in the full software development lifecycle.
- Participating with peers with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Perform peer code reviews as required.
- A minimum of 2/3 years’ experience developing commercial software in C++.
- Commercial development experience of Windows and Linux.
- Adaptive and open-minded to new skills and approaches.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exposure to CAE, CAD, FEA or CFD tools.
- Knowledge of DEM (Discrete Element Method) simulation.
- Exposure to physics engines.
- Parallel computing development experience (one or more of GPGPU, OpenMP or MPI).
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience.
Benefits: Pension scheme and other benefits.
Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to the following email address quoting reference DEMSWE18-3: email@example.com