Leading companies in the mining, mineral processing and metals industries use EDEM simulation software to optimize the performance of bulk material handling and processing equipment.
The performance and reliability of bulk materials handling and processing equipment used in mining operations, mineral processing and steel making plants, such as conveyor transfer points and feed chutes, reclaimers, crushers and grinding mills is a critical factor determining the productivity of mines and plants.
EDEM software simulates and analyses the behaviour of a wide range of bulk materials such as coal, ores and rocks – enabling engineers to understand the flow of these materials through each segment of their equipment or operation.
Mine operators, engineering companies and equipment suppliers use EDEM throughout the production chain to verify the design of their equipment, improve its performance and reduce production risks.
Improve equipment performance, increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Prevention of blockage and spillage
- Identification of excessive material velocities and dispersed flow
- Ensuring appropriate delivery of material onto conveyor belts
- Optimization of wear protection
(Image courtesy of Hatch)
Blast Furnace Loading
- Virtually examine the operation of charging devices
- Optimize materials distribution and dispersal
- Develop virtual models of burden layering
- Predict areas of excessive equipment wear
- Investigate and minimize segregation in the loading process
- Simulate charge behavior within the mill
- Identify the wear profile and related effect on mill charge dynamics
- Virtual testing of new liner design options
- Optimize performance of liners
Learn more about our award winning EDEM Software.
What our customers say
EDEM is being used by top-tier mining companies worldwide, learn more by reading our Mining & Metals case studies.
Over the past several years Hatch has been integrating EDEM Simulation technology and services into design projects and has achieved a high level of confidence in materials handling equipment designs. This results in substantial benefits around design robustness, equipment reliability in plant start-up and commissioning, and increasing plant quality, yield and performance…
We were looking for a tool to help us understand material behavior and optimize complex blast furnace processes such as loading and unloading as well as wear. One of the key reasons that made us choose EDEM over other DEM software was the high level of expertise and support provided by the EDEM technical team.